Home Staging and Interior Redesign Services:
Creating beauty, joy, and sales…
…one home at a time!
List of Services | Become a Home Stager—ORDER Manual or Schedule Training | Benefits of a Staged Home | Before and After Photos of Staged Homes
Home Staging is the hottest and most effective marketing tool that helps a home sell faster and for more. My name is Cynthia Gentry Black, and I have professional staged over 7,000 homes in the Kansas City and Johnson County Metro areas with consistent results: Sold Fast!
All things being equal—price, square footage, location—typically the best-looking homes sell first. Home Staging provides a competitive edge, regardless of whether it’s a boom or bust real estate market.
It’s All About Presentation…
My approach to home staging is very calculated. It’s a proven system of arranging furnishings to create a positive impact on buyers the moment they enter a room. I draw the eye to the best features of the home, and improve any weaker elements.
Unlike interior decorating that makes a home appeal to its homeowner’s unique tastes, home staging makes the home appeal to a variety of tastes—not vanilla, but definitely yummy!
Everyone wants the home they’re buying to be better than the home they’re leaving. So yes, pack away the clutter. Yes, spruce up the yard. Yes, take care of the “honey-do” list. Yes, clean! clean! clean! Just doing these things will take a home to the top half of the competition. Home Staging takes it to the Next Level—a leap ABOVE the competition!
FACT: A staged home often sells within the first few days after being staged. Why does Home Staging work? Buyers may have a variety of goals and capabilities, but they usually have these things in common:
- They can spend as little as 10 minutes touring a home;
- They want a great home at a great price and are looking for ways to justify a lower offer;
- If they don’t like something then the rest of the tour may be spent confirming reasons not to buy the home;
- If they love something then they may overlook a host of other small negatives;
- They are reviewing Internet photos to determine their “To-See” list, and perfectly good homes get cut based on the photos;
- They are often unable to “think around” or “see beyond” something; and
- Many will arrange their furniture the same way that the current homeowner has arranged it, so if it doesn’t look right they typically assume it’s a problem with the floor plan.
Benefits of a Staged Home: A home that shows well takes full advantage of the initial burst of interest that occurs when the home is first listed, increasing the chances of it selling quickly. A home that sells quickly has many benefits: [read blog: Sell quicker in any type of market].
- More Money. Homes that sell faster usually net the closest to the asking price; buyers are less confident that a lower offer will be accepted for a home that just hit the market.
- More Competitive. All things being equal (price, location, square footage) the more “well-dressed” homes sell first.
- More Showings. A staged home looks its best for the Internet photos, resulting in the home being included on the “To-See” Lists.
- Less Stress. With living and working and family and activities and packing and cleaning and unexpected showings…it can drive even the most organized seller over the edge.
- More Manageable. A good home stager helps prioritize tasks after rearranging the furniture and accessories, which maximizes precious little spare time and budget dollars.
- Less Uncertainty. The seller spends less time worrying, “Will it sell before I have two mortgage payments?”
- Reunites Families. Work-related relocations often separate families, so a home that presents itself perfectly can get everyone living under the same roof again faster!
- Less Work. It’s a constant and difficult process to keep a home perfect for showings, especially with children and pets.
- Less Inconvenience. No longer “on hold,” sellers can start packing and moving on with the process.
- It’s Fun! Most sellers love to see what a home stager will do with their home and look forward to getting ideas they can use in the new home!
If you’re into STATISTICS, a staged home will spend 30% fewer days on the market (national average). [See a list of local Real Estate Agents who pay for Home Staging.]
The bottom line: Getting buyers through the front door is good, but getting a Contract is better!
♦ Stage to Sell existing furnishings by physically rearranging everything [read blog: How to choose the right Home Stager]
♦ Walk-Through Consultation with typewritten, room-by-room recommendations
♦ Photography Services for the Internet [see Listing Photo samples shot for clients]
♦ Furniture and Accessories can be brought in [read blog: When should you rent furniture?]
♦ Interior Redesign Service using what you already own [read blog: What’s the difference between Home Staging and Interior Decorating?]
♦ Virtual Staging for sellers without access to a Home Stager [Go to Virtual Staging page]
♦ “Flipper” Consultation to help spend funds wisely (i.e., make sure that the home appeals to women!)
♦ Space Planning for the new home (helpful on moving day!)
♦ “Get Organized!” Consultation to use your existing space and personal habits more efficiently
♦ Downsizing Consultation with furniture repurposing ideas [read blog: What to keep and what to toss?]
♦ Furniture Mergers to act as mediator and prevent bloodshed after the wedding
♦ Hang framed artwork to accentuate and finish your decorating scheme
♦ Create beautiful displays on bookcases, kitchen soffits, china cabinets, mantles, table tops [read blog: Create beautiful display areas]
♦ Guest Speaker at your business meetings
♦ Home Stager Training for creative real estate agents and non-agents [Go to Home Stager Training page]
Cities Served in Missouri and Kansas: HomeStaging by Cynthia, Inc. provides Home Staging services for the following Kansas City and Johnson County areas: Belton, Blue Springs, Bonner Springs, De Soto, Fairway, Gardner, Gladstone, Greenwood, Independence, Kansas City, Kearney, Lake Lotawana, Lake Quivira, Lake Tapawingo, Leavenworth, Leawood, Lee’s Summit, Lenexa, Liberty, Louisburg, Merriam, Mission, Mission Hills, North Kansas City, Olathe, Overland Park, Piper, Platte Woods, Prairie Village, Riverside, Roeland Park, Shawnee, Smithville, Spring Hill, Sugar Creek, Weatherby Lake, Wyandotte County. A travel fee may apply.